Information and Paperwork
Access information and paperwork for running a safe Clean Up event below:
Arterial Roads (including Highways) and Freeways cannot be registered for Clean Ups due to health and safety reasons.
Roadside Clean Ups should only be carried out on Municipal (Council) roads.
These generally have a speed limit of less than 50KM.
If you wish to proceed to Clean Up a Municipal road, there are additional safety requirements that you will need to consider:
- Children (15 and under) are not permitted to participate in any roadside activity
- You will need to demonstrate a 3 meter exclusion zone between volunteers and vehicles
- Additional signage to denote location and distance of activity (i.e. Clean Up Day site - next 2kms) may be required
- A temporary reduction of speed limit surrounding any activity
- Use of highly visible safety vests and any personal protective equipment for all volunteers
- Time limitations of activity may be required to avoid peak traffic times.
- Clean Up Australia advises that you contact your local council to confirm any specific safety regulations or requirements that may be needed before you conduct your Clean Up activity.
- On the Day Safety
- The Site Supervisor kit contains a number of items that are included with safety in mind;
Some gloves are provided in the kit but it is a good idea to ask volunteers to bring extra pairs along on the day. Make sure these are a thick, durable gardening style glove.
If you would like to purchase additional gloves you can grab some here:
Sharps containers can be provided if the Site Supervisor has requested one during the registration process.
Please refer to the SITE GUIDE for the correct procedure regarding the removal of sharps from a Clean Up event