Thirty years ago, in 1989, the very first Clean Up Sydney Harbour event was founded by Ian Kiernan AO. It went national the following year, and now this community event has become one of the world’s largest environmental campaigns spanning 130 countries.
On March 3 2019 we celebrated 30 Years of Clean Up Sydney Harbour.
This milestone event ran in paralell with Clean Up Australia Day, and included some very special activities centred around Sydney Harbour, including:
- Roads and Maritime Services supporting the event, with clearing large items from the harbour seabed floor, police divers, and a tally room on the day.
- Local support from 10 councils surrounding the perimeter of the harbour and thousands of volunteers over 30+ Clean Up sites around the harbour.
- Thanks to the support of BridgeClimb, Clean Up will have an exclusive dedicated climb to oversee the spectacular clean ups around the harbour.
- Sydney Harbour Regatta – thanks to the support of Middle Harbour Yacht club, all 220 racing yachts will be flying Clean Up Australia flags and receive Skipper kits with clean up bags.
- A large paddle board clean up supported by the Surfrider Foundation.
- Merchandise custom designed by Ken Done in celebration of 30 years of Clean Up Sydney Harbour.
Clean Up Sydney Harbour 30th Anniversary Event Partners
Clean Up Sydney Harbour 30th Anniversary Celebrations would not be made possible without the support from the following organisations:
Clean Up Sydney Harbour 30th Anniversary Site Supporters